25g vegetable oil
45g cake flour
35g granulated sugar
3g lemon juice
3g vanilla extract
60g almond flakes/sliced almonds
50g softened unsalted butter
200g heavy cream warm
- In a clean bowl, separate the eggs. Keep the egg white bowl cool in the fridge.
- In another bowl, mix well vegetable oil and milk, add in cake flour, and mix well. Add in egg yolks, mix well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 145℃(293℉). Grab a 6-inch round chiffon cake pan.
- Take the egg white bowl out of the fridge, add in lemon juice, vanilla extract and granulated sugar, and use a hand mixer to beat until forms stiff peaks. Take a scoop of whipped egg white and gently fold into the batter until just combined. Pour all the batter into the whipped egg white, and gently fold it in until just combined. Pour all the batter into the cake pan, give it a tap or two, and send into the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven right away, give it a tap or two, turn it upside down and let it cool on the cooling rack.
- Wait until the cake completely cool down, take it out of the cake pan, and slice into three slices. Set aside.
- Grab a baking tray, line it with parchment paper or baking mat. Pour in 60g almond flakes, spread even, and preheat the oven to 356℉(180℃) and send the almond flakes into the oven, let bake for 4 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, and let cool on the cooling rack.
- In a clean bowl, bring together butter, salt, and sugar, and use a hand mixer to beat until well combined.
- Gradually add in warm heavy cream and beat until thickened.
- Spread the butter cream evenly onto the cake base, cover with another slice of cake base, spread on butter cream and top with the last slice of cake base. Spread and cover the whole cake with butter cream, smooth it out, cover the cake with baked almond slices. Slice and serve.