45g unsalted butter softened
2g granulated sugar
55g cake flour
8g cocoa powder
100g cream cheese softened
30g blueberry sauce
200g heavy cream
Notes: By cake flour, I mean low protein flour, which normally contains 7-9% protein (Mine is around 8%). Not self-rising flour.
- Heat and boil water, milk, butter, sugar, and salt.
- Turn off the heat, add in cake flour and cocoa powder; stir hard until all the ingredients come together. Turn on the heat (keep it medium low), and keep stirring until some thin film forms on the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a clean bowl, let it cool down a little bit, and then use a hand mixer to beat while adding egg in to the batter until it gains a very smooth and silky texture. Cover the batter with plastic wrap and let set in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- Put the batter into a pipping bag (attached with a piping tip) and start to pipe out eclairs.
- Dust them with powdered sugar. (3 times)
- Preheat the oven to 374℉(190℃) and let bake for 20 minutes; then set the oven to 347℉(175℃) and bake for 20 minutes. Take the cream puffs out of the oven; let them cool down on the cooling rack.
- In a clean bowl, soften the cream cheese; add in sugar and blueberry sauce and use a hand mixer to beat until smooth and well combined. Add in heavy cream and keep beating until thickened. Put them all in a piping bag, and fill the éclairs or any cream puffs with it.