50g vegetable oil
55g cake flour
5 eggs (each egg about 56g)
50g granulated sugar
5g lemon juice
5g vanilla extract
Notes: By cake flour, I mean low protein flour, which normally contains 7-9% protein (Mine is around 8%). Not self-rising flour.
200g heavy cream
20g granulated sugar
Detailed Instruction about how to make the cake base: https://u-taste.com/blogs/recipes/soft-cake-base
The baking mat that fits in the 28*28*2.6 cm cake pan is back in stock:https://u-taste.com/products/u-taste-11x11-inch-non-stick-silicone-baking-mat
- Preheat the oven to 311℉(155℃). Separate the eggs. Keep the egg white bowl cool in the fridge.
- In a clean bowl, mix vegetable oil and milk until well combined. Add in cake flour, mix until smooth. Add in egg yolks, mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Take the egg white bowl out of the fridge, add lemon juice, granulated sugar and vanilla extract into the egg white, use a hand mixer to beat until it forms soft peaks.
- Take a scoop of whipped egg white to mix with batter until JUST combined. Pour the whipped egg white into the batter; gently fold the egg white into the batter until just combined.
- Line the cake pan (28*28*2.6 cm) with parchment paper or with baking mat. Pour the batter into the baking pan. Smooth its surface. Give it a few taps, then send it into the oven, and bake for 32 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, put together heavy cream, sugar and salt, use a hand mixer to beat thickened. Keep it cool in the fridge.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let the cake cool down on the cooling rack before take it out of the cake pan. When the cake is cool to touch, release the sides of the cake with an icing spatula, turn the whole cake pan upside down on the parchment paper. Take off the pan, and peel off the baking mat.
- Slice the cake in half into two equal size rectangle. Spread the cream onto one side of the cake and top with another slice. Let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes. Slice the cake into several finger sandwiches.