240g bread flour
20g granulated sugar
2.4g instant yeast
18g unsalted butter
- Put bread flour, milk, sugar, salt, instant yeast and egg into the stand mixer bowl, beat until all comes together, add in butter, beat until well combined and a dough ball forms. Let the dough ball rise until doubled in size.
- Press and knead the fermented dough ball, divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll and shape like hot dog buns and let rest until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 356℉(180℃).
- Crack 1 egg and whisk well. Brush each roll with egg wash; send into the oven to bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the bread rolls cool down on the cooling rack.