75g crushed graham crackers
35g melted unsalted butter
200g softened cream cheese
200g heavy cream
50g confectioners’ sugar/powdered sugar
10g softened gelatin
50g milk warm
10g lemon juice
Lemon curd topping
80g lemon juice (2-3 fresh lemons)
70g granulated sugar
15g unsalted butter
- Crush 75g graham crackers into fine crumbs, pour into a clean bowl, mix with melted unsalted butter, pour them into a 6-inch round cake pan, and press them down firmly into the bottom. Smooth it out, and set in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, bring together softened cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice, and use a hand mixer to beat until smooth. Add in yoghourt and mix well.
- Soften the gelatin in iced cold water. Bring together warm milk and softened gelatin, mix until well combined. Add into the cream cheese mixture and mix well. Beat the heavy cream until thickened, add into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour all the mixture into the cake pan. Smooth it out and set the cake pan in the fridge to cool until set (takes about 4 hours).
- Bring together lemon juice, 70g sugar, and salt, heat until boil. Crack and mix well two eggs, gradually add in the boiled lemon juice mixture while quickly stirring them in. Pour them back into the pot, add in unsalted butter and mix and stir until thickened. Sift twice. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let set in the fridge to cool.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge, thaw its sides with a warm towel or a kitchen torch. Remove the cake pan, pour the lemon curd on top and smooth it out, dust with some lemon zest or lime zest. Slice and serve.