70g cake flour
42g unsalted butter
28g powdered sugar
10g almond flour
Notes: By cake flour, I mean low protein flour, which normally contains 7-9% protein (Mine is around 8%). Not self-rising flour.
Lemon Curd Filling
25g lemon juice
40g granulated sugar
50g unsalted butter
- Soften the butter. Add in powdered sugar and use a hand mixer to beat until well combined. Sift in cake flour, salt and almond flour and beat until well combined. Add in 15g egg and mix well. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and let it cool in the fridge for 1.5 hour.
- Place the dough onto the parchment paper and cover it with another sheet of parchment paper, roll it flat, about 2.5 mm thick. Let it chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Slice three strips for the sides, shape the strips into each tart ring, press firm and seal the ends. Trim the edges. Let cool in the fridge.
- Put rest of the dough together, cover with parchment paper, roll it flat, and let it chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 320℉(160℃). Place each tart ring onto the dough and cut out the bottom. Trim the edges.
- Use a fork to prick some holes in the bottom. Send into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, put together 1 egg and granulated sugar, mix until sugar dissolve. Add in lemon juice; keep mixing over low heat until thickened. Add in butter, mix until well combined.
- Pipe the lemon curd into the baked tart shells, dust with some lime zest, and chill for 15 minutes.