For the mango puree:
180g fresh mango
For the batter:
55g vegetable oil
105g cake flour
2g vanilla extract
Cake pan size: 8-inch
- Make the mango puree first, set it in the fridge to cool down. Mash the peeled and chopped mangos with a fork or a dough blender. Put the mashed mango and sugar into a pot, place the pot over low heat, and keep stirring while it thickens. Once the sugar fully dissolve and the mango gains a puree texture, pour into a clean bowl, cover it with cling film, and set in the fridge to cool down.
- In a separate bowl, pour in milk and vegetable oil (any flavorless oil works), and mix until they well combined. Add in mango puree, mix until smooth. Add in cake flour (sift it before use to get rid of lumps), mix until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, crack six eggs. Take the egg yolks out to mix with batter until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract into the batter, mix until smooth.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice into the egg white. Grab an electric mixer; beat in a low speed to let the sugar dissolve. Then beat in a medium/high speed, until it forms soft peaks.
- Take a scoop of whipped egg white to fold into the batter. Pour rest of the egg white into the batter bowl, and then fold the egg white into batter.
- Get an 8-inch round cake pan. Do Not Line or Grease It. Pour the batter into the cake pan. Give it a few taps to get rid of the big bubbles.
- Preheat the oven to 302℉(150℃), bake for 60 minutes.
- Once it baked, take it out of the oven, turn the cake pan upside down and let the cake cool down on the cooling rack for about 1 hour before you take it out of the cake pan.