60g granulated sugar
5g lemon juice
4 eggs (about 55g each)
40g vegetable oil
50g cake flour
45g granulated sugar
5g lemon juice
5g vanilla extract
160g softened cream cheese
240g heavy cream
25g granulated sugar
35g peach sauce
Pink food coloring
Notes: By cake flour, I mean low protein flour, which normally contains 7-9% protein (Mine is around 8%). Not self-rising flour.
- Wash, peel and chop the peaches into small cubes. Mix with sugar and lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap, let set in the fridge for 20 minutes. Pour into the pot; keep mixing over medium heat until thickened. Transfer into a clean bowl; cover it with plastic wrap and let set in the fridge to cool down.
- In a clean bowl, separate the eggs. Keep the egg white bowl cool in the fridge. Mix well vegetable oil and milk until well combined. (You can add in a little bit of pink food coloring, or you can skip it.) Add in cake flour and egg yolks and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 311℉(155℃). Line the baking tray (28*28*2.6cm) with baking mat or parchment paper.
- Take the egg white bowl out of the fridge, add in lemon juice, granulated sugar and vanilla extract, use a hand mixer to beat until it forms soft peaks. Take a scoop of whipped egg white, and gently fold it into the batter until just combined. Pour in rest of the whipped egg white, and gently fold the egg white in until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray, smooth it out and give it a tap or two, send it into the oven to bake for 32 minutes or until golden brown. Take the cake out of the oven and let the cake cool down on the cooling rack before take it out of the cake pan. When the cake is cool to touch, release the sides of the cake with an icing spatula, turn the whole cake pan upside down on the parchment paper. Take off the pan, and peel off the baking mat.
- Slice the cake into several layers (mine is six) that can fit in the cake jar/box.
- In a clean bowl, bring together softened cream cheese and sugar, mix until well combined. Add in heavy cream, and beat until stiff peaks form. Take half of the whipped cream into a piping bag and keep it cool in the fridge. Mix rest of the whipped cream with 35g peach sauce, add in pink food coloring and mix well. Transfer into a piping bag.
- Assemble the cake. Place a layer of cake into the bottom of the cake box/jar. Pipe in a layer of whipped cream and a layer pink whipped cream. Place in another layer of cake, pipe in a layer of peach sauce, a layer of whipped cream and layer of pink whipped cream. Repeat this step for one more time. Smooth its surface, cover it with parchment paper, put on the lid, let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.