100g glutinous rice flour
45g granulated sugar
20g vegetable oil
Some food coloring
500g fresh peach
100g granulated sugar
10g lemon juice
200g heavy cream
- Wash the peaches thoroughly. Peel and core the peaches, save the peach skins, chop into small cubes, transfer to a clean bowl, and mix well with sugar. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Grab a saucepan, put in peach skins and water, let cook and boil for 5 minutes. Sift out the peach skins. Add in the peach cubes, let cook over medium heat, keep stirring and mixing until softened and thickened. Add in lemon juice, mix and stir over medium heat until thickened. Set aside to let cool.
- In a clean bowl, mix well glutinous rice flour, cornstarch, granulated sugar, and milk. Add in some food coloring (a very small drop will do), mix well. Add in vegetable oil and mix well.
- Grab a nonstick pan, pour in the batter, over medium heat, keep mixing and stirring and the batter will start to clump together and forms a dough ball. The dough ball will not stick to the pan, and the texture is quite translucent and stretchy. Wear gloves, knead, fold, and pull the dough until it becomes very stretchy.
- In a clean bowl, bring together heavy cream and sugar, beat until it forms stiff peaks. Transfer them into a piping bag, set in the fridge to keep cool.
- Dust the kneading mat, rolling pin, mochi dough with some flour. Roll the mochi dough into a long thin log, and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into round circles; add in whipped cream and the peach sauce, wrap them up, and put in a cupcake liner and serve. You can also shape them like a real peach and garnish with mint leaves.