Strawberry Custard Tart Recipe with Cookie Texture Crust
You can never go wrong with strawberry tarts. Classic cookie texture crust, custard filling with cream cheese mixed with yogurt, fresh fruits on top. This mouthwatering strawberry tart recipe requires simple ingredients, and is easy to make it delicious even for the first time! Perfect to serve as a dinner dessert, or to have with tea in a summer afternoon.
10*10-inch tart pan
90g unsalted butter
1 drop of vanilla extract
21g almond flour
239g cream cheese
40g unsalted butter
72g egg white
72g heavy cream
300g heavy cream
1. In a mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar and salt. Add one egg, make two trips. A drop of vanilla extract should bring up the flavor. Sift almond flour and all-purpose flour. Blend the almond flour and all-purpose flour into the mixture, and pour them all out to do some kneading. The crust does not require too much effort on kneading, only have to make sure all the flour is well blended. Wrap them up nicely, use a rolling pin to flatten the dough a bit, and freeze for 30 minutes.
Looking for a stainless steel mixing bowl set?
U-Taste 18/8 Stainless Steel 16 inch Rolling Pin with Silicone Adjustable Removable Rings
Tips: A stainless steel rolling pin will do much better work than a wooden one, especially when you need to keep the dough cold.
2. Take the crust dough out of the fridge, roll it flat with a rolling pin. Use a tart pan to measure how big the crust dough should be. Gently press the crust dough into the tart pan, save the extra dough and make the rim clear. After shaping the crust dough, take a fork and prick all over the crust dough (leave the sides and the rim) to make sure it won’t plump up in the oven.
3. Preheat the oven to 165℃/329℉, bake for 10 minutes.
4.While the crust is in the oven, we are going to make the filling. Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer or a firm spatula, beat room temperature cream cheese, butter, sugar, egg white, yogurt, and heavy cream until smooth.
U-Taste 600ºF High Heat-Resistant Premium Silicone Spatula Set of 4
Tips: A nice spatula should be sturdy enough to handle tough cream cheese and butter, but also flexible to scrape the bowl side clean.
5. Take the crust from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack. Pour all the mixture we made into the crust, and smooth it with a spatula. Preheat the oven to 338℉, bake for 20 minutes.
U-Taste 18/8 Stainless Steel Cooling Baking Rack 16.3 x 11.3 inches
Tips:cooling rack with feet helps the air circulate to keep the tart crust crispy and not soggy.
6. In a mixing bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until medium peaks form. The amount heavy cream and sugar is optional. Some may like more cream on top, and some don’t. It’s really up to you.
7. Mix the strawberry cubes with heavy cream mixture and smooth it with an icing spatula. Save some whipped heavy cream for decoration. Decorate it with whipped heavy cream and strawberries.
U-Taste Offset Spatula Set of 3 (Black)
Tips: Use a small icing spatula would be more convenient. And an offset spatula keeps your finger from messing with cream.
8. Cover the tart with sugar powder (optional).
9. Cool the tart in the fridge or have it with your friends and family right away!
1.Some recipes may skip the step that put the crust dough into the fridge to save some time. However, if you do love a cookie texture crust instead of pie crust, do not leave out this critical step. It’s necessary and actually takes much less troubles than you thought, and the result comes out really good.
2. For the filling, I use yogurt instead of sour cream, since I want my tart to be fresh and light, but sour cream will also do the trick, even better if you prefer a creamy taste.
3. About the strawberries. I bought some fresh strawberries from the local market, and instead of making strawberry jam, I cut them into small cubes to mix with the filling, and save some for topping. You can go with strawberry jam instead, it may take some time to make some of these at home, but it will bring you a better rich taste.
Prefer a video tutorial? Check our YouTube Chanel.
Thank you all for stopping by! You have already made a strawberry tart based on this recipe? Share it with us by leaving a comment! We love to see your fantastic work!