350g bread flour
43g granulated sugar
15g milk powder
4g instant yeast
225g milk cold
45g unsalted butter
76g coconut flakes
31g milk powder
42g confectioners’ sugar
31g unsalted butter melted
- Pour bread flour, salt, sugar, and milk powder, instant yeast, eggs and milk into the stand mixer bowl, beat in medium high speed until forms a dough ball. Add in 45g unsalted butter; continue to beat until well combined. Let rest for 10 minutes (cover with plastic wrap).
- Divide the dough ball into 6. Roll into small balls and let rest for 25 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, mix well coconut flakes, milk powder, sugar, melted butter and 1 egg.
- Knead and roll each dough ball flat, spread the coconut flakes mixture on it, roll it up, and roll into a longer slightly thinner log. Slice the log in half lengthwise. Braiding the two pieces from one end then the other, pinch the ends together to form a wreath. Let rest until 1.5 times bigger.
- Preheat the oven to 175℃(347℉) and line the baking tray with baking mat or parchment paper.
- Brush the wreath with egg wash and sprinkle with some almond flakes. Send into the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until turns golden brown.