4g cocoa powder
25g cake flour
20g hot water
15g vegetable oil
20g powdered sugar
4.5g softened gelatin
150g heavy cream
35g heavy cream
- In a clean bowl, add in cocoa powder and hot water, mix until cocoa powder dissolved. Add in vegetable oil, cake flour, and salt, and mix until well combined. Add in egg yolks, whisk until well combined.
- Add sugar into the egg white, use a hand mixer, and beat until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold the whipped egg white into the batter until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Give it a few taps. Preheat the oven to 320℉(160℃) and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, mix softened gelatin with milk. Add in chocolate chips, mix until well combined. (You can use the microwave oven to help melt the chocolate chips.)
- Beat the heavy cream until thickened. Add in chocolate mousse mixture, mix until well combined.
- Wrap the bottom of the cake ring with plastic wrap. Put the cake base in first, and then the mousse mixture. Let it set in the fridge to chill until set (about 1 hour).
- Dissolve the chocolate chips in warm heavy cream. Mix until smooth.
- When the mousse is out of the fridge, pour the chocolate glaze onto its surface and smooth the top.
- Keep the chocolate mousse cool in the fridge for about 1 hour.