42g unsalted butter
28g powdered sugar
60g cake flour
10g almond flour
8g cocoa powder
Notes: By cake flour, I mean low protein flour, which normally contains 7-9% protein (Mine is around 8%). Not self-rising flour.
120g chocolate chips
50g heavy cream
10g unsalted butter
- Soften the butter. Add in powdered sugar and use a hand mixer to beat until well combined. Sift in cake flour, salt, almond flour and cocoa powder and beat until well combined. Add in 15g egg and mix well.
- Place the dough onto the parchment paper and cover it with another sheet of parchment paper, roll it flat, about 2.5 mm thick. Let it chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Slice three strips for the sides, shape the strips into each tart ring, press firm and seal the ends. Trim the edges. Let cool in the fridge.
- Put rest of the dough together, cover with parchment paper, roll it flat, and let it chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 320℉(160℃). Place each tart ring onto the dough and cut out the bottom. Trim the edges.
- Use a fork to prick some holes in the bottom. Send into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, put together heavy cream and chocolate chips, microwave a few minutes to melt the chocolate chips and mix well. Add in butter and mix well.
- Fill each baked tart shell with chocolate mixture, let chill for 15 minutes, dust with cocoa powder and serve.