60g cake flour
45g vegetable oil
45g granulated sugar
6 egg white (6 eggs)
8g vanilla extract
8g lemon juice
Some black food coloring powder or cocoa powder
160g heavy cream
60g softened cream cheese
15g granulated sugar
- Separate the eggs. Keep 1 egg white in a small bowl and 5 egg white in another bowl. Keep them cool in the fridge.
- In a clean bowl, mix well vegetable oil and milk, sift the flour, cornstarch, and salt, mix well; add in 1 egg white, mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 302℉(150℃). Line the baking tray (28*28*2.6cm) with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Take the egg white bowl out of the fridge. Add in lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar and use a hand mixer to beat until it forms soft peaks. Take a scoop of whipped egg white and gently fold it into the batter until just combined. Pour all the batter back in to the whipped egg white, and gently fold it in until just combined.
- Take a scoop of batter out to mix with black food coloring powder (or you can use cocoa powder). Pour the batter into a piping bag, and randomly draw some cute cow patterns onto the baking mat. Send into the oven to bake for 2 minutes.
- Pour all the batter into the baking tray, smooth it out and send into the oven to bake for 20 minutes. When the cake is done, take it out of the oven right away, and let it set on the cooling rack until it is cool to touch. Release the sides with an icing spatula, turn the whole cake upside down and peel off the baking mat. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in heavy cream, beat until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spread the whipped cream onto the upside of the cake, roll it up and keep it cool in the fridge for about 1 hour. Slice and serve.