100g granulated sugar
100g heavy cream room temperature
15g unsalted butter room temperature
- The heavy cream and unsalted butter for the caramel sauce should be in room temperature. You can heat the heavy cream until it reaches 140℉(60℃). Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix together granulated sugar and water before turn on the heat. Let the sugar dissolve over medium heat. No need to stir or mix them or it will form clumps. Just wait until sugar dissolve and it turns golden brown. Turn off the heat, whisk quickly while pour in the heavy cream. There will be so many bubbles and steam when you are adding in the heavy cream. Be careful of the splash and keep whisking until well combined.
- Add in salt and butter, mix until well combined.
- If you find the color is not deep enough or the texture not thick enough, turn on the heat, keep stirring over low heat for about 1-2 minutes until thickened. However, the caramel will taste bitter if you cook it for too long.
- Pour the caramel is a clean bowl to cool down, cover with plastic wrap and keep it cool in the fridge. Or you can store it in a clean air-tight container and keep it in the fridge, if you make it beforehand.