250g bread flour
40g granulated sugar
4g instant yeast
12g milk powder
30g unsalted butter
17 precooked hot dogs
1 egg (for egg wash)
Some sesame seeds
- Put bread flour, granulated sugar, salt, instant yeast, milk powder, milk, water and 1 egg into the stand mixer bowl, attach the dough hook, beat in medium high speed until it forms a dough ball. Add in unsalted butter and beat until well combined. Let the dough rest until doubled in size.
- Cut the precooked hot dogs in half. The length of each half should be around 5-6 cm. Set aside.
- Flour the baking mat (or the countertop), your hands and the dough. Press the dough a little to let go the big air bubbles inside. Divide the dough into small pieces (around 10g each).
- Roll each piece into a long thin rope. The length of the rope should be long enough to wrap around the hot dog three times. Pinch the end of rope onto one side to seal.
- Let all the mini hot dog rolls rise until doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 374℉(190℃). Brush each roll with egg wash (1 egg), top with some sesame. Send into the oven to bake for 11 minutes. Cool and serve.