300g bread flour
30g granulated sugar
9g instant yeast
20g unsalted butter
6-8 store-bought smoked hot dogs/sausages (around 65g each)
1 large spoon of whole grain mustard (too much mustard will make the bagels taste too salty)
- Chop the smoked hot dogs/sausages into cubes, mix well with some whole grain mustard sauce, and set aside. The amount of whole grain mustard depends on the amount of smoked hot dogs. Smoked hot dogs already taste salty, so don’t put too much mustard sauce in it, or the bagels may taste too salty.
- Put all the ingredients except butter into the stand mixer bowl and beat until all comes together. Add in butter, beat until well combined and forms a dough ball. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll into small dough balls. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough balls out, put on smoked hot dog/sausage cubes and shape into bagels. Let rest until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃(392℉). In a pot, put in 500g water, and 20g granulated sugar, heat until simmer, put in each bagel, cook for 20 seconds each side.
- Line the baking tray with a baking mat or parchment paper. Send the bagels into the oven to bake for 16-18 minutes. Let the bagels cool down then serve.