25g granulated sugar
12g unsalted butter
60g cake flour
Notes: By cake flour, I mean low protein flour, which normally contains 7-9% protein (Mine is around 8%). Not self-rising flour.
300g heavy cream
30g granulated sugar
300g fresh mango slices
- In a clean bowl, melt the unsalted butter. Add in sugar and mix well. Add in milk, 2 eggs and cake flour and mix well. Sift three times. Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it cool in the fridge.
- Wash, peel and slice fresh mangoes into slices. Set aside.
- Grab a non-stick pan. Do not grease it. Heat the pan over medium heat, once it is heated, turn into low heat, pour a cup of batter into the pan. Since the pan is hot, a thin layer of crepe will appear immediately. Pour the extra flowing batter back into the bowl. Place the pan over low heat; gently move the pan around to make sure the crepe is evenly heated. Once it's done, peel the thin layer off from the edges. Let it cool down on the cooling rack. Repeat this step until you use all the batter.
- Make the cream filling. In a clean bowl, bring together heavy cream and sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it cool in the fridge.
- Over a cake stand, a layer of crepe, a layer of cream filling, a layer of mango slices and a thin layer of cream. Repeat this step until you use all the crepes and cream. Send the cake into the fridge to chill about 10-15 minutes before serve.