50g vegetable oil
60g cake flour
50g granulated sugar
A few drops of lemon juice
350g heavy cream
- Mix vegetable oil and milk, until well combined. Add in cake flour, mix until smooth. Add in egg yolks, mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Add lemon juice and sugar into the egg white, and use a hand mixer to beat until it forms soft peaks. Take a scoop of whipped egg white to fold into the batter, and then pour all the batter into the whipped egg white, and fold the whipped egg white into batter until just combined.
- Take two small portion of batter out, one add with red food coloring, and another with lighter red food coloring. Put them into two separate piping bags, line the baking tray with parchment paper or baking mat, and draw the patterns. Preheat the oven to 356℉(180℃) and bake for 1 minutes.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven, pipe rest of the batter into the baking tray to cover the patterns. Smooth the surface, and give the tray a few taps before send in to the oven. Preheat the oven to 302℉(150℃) and bake for 26 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down on the cooling rack.
- Add 40g sugar into the heavy cream, and use a hand mixer to beat until thickened as the cake roll filling.