68g vegetable oil
150g cake flour
90g granulated sugar
10g lemon juice
10g vanilla extract
Notes: By cake flour, I mean low protein flour, which normally contains 7-9% protein (Mine is around 8%). Not self-rising flour.
- Separate the eggs. Keep the egg white bowl cool in the fridge.
- In a clean bowl, mix well 68g vegetable oil and milk, add in cake flour and mix well. Add in egg yolks, mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 140℃(284℉). Line the baking pan with baking mat or parchment paper.
- Take the egg white bowl out of the fridge. Add in lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix well granulated sugar and cornstarch; add into the egg white and use a hand mixer to beat until it forms soft peaks. Take a scoop of whipped egg white; gently fold into the batter until just combined. Pour all the batter into the whipped egg white and gently fold the whipped egg white into the batter until just combined. Pour the batter into the baking pan, smooth its surface, and give it a tap or two. Send into the oven to bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down on the cooling rack. Slice and release the cake from edges using an icing spatula. Peel off the baking mat or parchment paper. Slice and serve.