104g unsalted butter softened
60g sugar powder
1 egg (about 55g with shell)
200g cake flour
Red food coloring
8g matcha powder/green tea powder
20g crushed freeze-dried strawberry
Notes: By cake flour, I mean low protein flour, which normally contains 7-9% protein (Mine is around 8%). Not self-rising flour.
- Soften the butter until you can easily cut it into slices. Do not soften the butter too much. Add in sugar, beat until pale yellow and fluffy. Beat in 1 egg and mix well. Divide the batter into two equal portions.
- Add some red food coloring and 100g cake flour into one portion. Use a hand mixer to beat and mix until well combined. Add in crushed freeze-dried strawberry and mix well. Shape the dough into rough log. Wrap it up with parchment paper. Let set in the fridge to chill.
- Add matcha powder, 100g cake flour into another portion. Use a hand mixer to beat and mix until well combined. Place the cookie dough on a large piece of parchment paper; roll it flat into rough rectangle. Place the strawberry cookie dough log in center of the matcha cookie dough and wrap it up. Pinch the edges to seal. Wrap the dough with parchment paper and gently roll it a little bit to make sure no small gaps between the cookie doughs. Chill for 25 minutes.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper or baking mat. Preheat the oven to 338℉(170℃).
- Slice the cookie dough log into pieces. Place them in the baking tray. Send into oven and let bake for 25 minutes.